Applications are invited upto 5.30 pm on 04.04.2012 for Teacher Eligibility Tests for the year 2012 from the candidates in Tamil Nadu.
Category of Candidates for TET:
The following categories of candidates should write the Teacher Eligibility Test:
(1) The Secondary Grade and Graduate Teachers (BT Assistants) appointed with the prescribed qualifications in Government, Government Aided and Un-aided Schools on or after 23rd August, 2010.
(2) Teachers working in Unaided Institutions without the prescribed qualifications shall acquire such minimum qualifications within a period of 5 years and should pass the TET.
(3) All Candidates with necessary qualifications and seeking for appointment as Teachers for Classes I to VIII.
Eligibility to Write TET:
Candidates should possess the following prescribed qualifications to write the Teacher Eligibility Test:
(1) Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Course (10+2 Pattern) and Diploma in Teacher Education in a Recognized Teacher Training Institute / DIET and seeking an appointment as Teacher for classes I to V (except Visually Impaired Candidates) can write Paper I.
(2) Candidates who have passed a Bachelor’s Degree (BA / BSc / BLitt) with Tamil, English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, History and Geography or a Degree with any one of the equivalent subjects from a Recognized University under 10+2+3 Pattern and a Degree in Teacher Education (BEd) from a Recognized University and seeking an appointment as Teacher for classes VI to VIII can write Paper II.
(3) Candidates appearing for the Final Year Examination of DTEd / BEd during the current Academic Year are also eligible to appear for the Teacher Eligibility Test.
Application & Examination Fee:
i. Applications can be received from 22.03.2012 to 04.04.2012 from the Office of the District Educational Officers, on payment of Rs. 50/- in cash towards the cost of Application Form and Prospectus.
ii. Candidates should use only the OMR Application Form. NO other form of typed or printed or photocopied application forms will be accepted and such applications, if any will be summarily rejected.
iii. Single Application Form is enough for a candidate even if he / she wishes to write a single paper or both Papers I and II simultaneously.
iv. Examination Fee will be Rs. 500/- (or 250/- for SC / ST / Differently Abled) even if the candidate opts for a single paper (Paper I or Paper II) or for both Paper I and Paper II. The fee should be paid by the candidate in any Branch of the State Bank of India only using the Prescribed Challan attached with the Prospectus.
v. The filled-in Application Form and the TRB Copy of the Fees Payment Challan must be put inside the envelope provided and submitted in person in the Office where the candidate received the Application Form.
Commencement of Sale of Application Forms: 22.03.2012
Last Date for Receipt of Application 04.04.2012 5.30 pm
Date of Written Examination-Paper I 03.06.2012 FN
Date of Written Examination-Paper-II 03.06.2012 AN
For details, log on to the links: