Examination Notice NO. 09/2014-CSP
Details of Posts
• Indian Administrative Service.
• Indian Foreign Service.
• Indian Police Service.
• Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
• Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
• Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
• Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'.
• Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
• Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
• Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
• Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
• Indian Trade Service, Group 'A' (Gr. III).
• Indian Corporate Law Service, Group "A".
• Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
• Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'.
• Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'.
• Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'.
Total Number of Posts: 1291
Vacancies includes 26 vacancies reserved for P.H. Category, i.e. 12 vacancies for LDCP, 2 Vacancies for B/LV and 12 Vacancies for H.I. The
final number of vacancies may undergo change after getting firm number of vacancies from Cadre Controlling Authorities.
Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes. Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled Categories in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Government.
• Starting Date of Registration: 31 May 2014
• Last Date for Registration: 30 June 2014
• Date of Examination: 24 August 2014
(1) For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
(2) For other services, a candidate must be either :—
(a) a citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire,Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
(ii) Age Limits
(a) A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2014 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August,1982 and not later than 1st August, 1993.Necessary action to make corresponding changes in respective Rules/ Regulations pertaining to various services is being taken separately.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable :
(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
(iii) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
(iv) upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled
in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
(v) upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2014 and have been released
(i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st
August, 2014) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or (iii) on invalidment.
(vi) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2014 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can
apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
(iii) Minimum Educational Qualifications
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act,1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
(iv) Plan of Examination
The Civil Services Examination will consist of two successive stages (vide Appendix I Section-I below).
(i) Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Main Examination; and
(ii) Civil Services Main Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts noted above.
(V) Number of Attempts
Every candidate appearing at the examination who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted six attempts at the examination for General Category candidates.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above- mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the "Online Application Form" given in Appendix-II.
The online Applications can be filled up to 30 June 2014 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will be conducting the Civil Services Preliminary Examination, 2014 on August 24, 2014. The UPSC IAS Exam 2014 will be held by the UPSC as per the rules published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India.
Though the date for release of notification by UPSC was declared as May 17, 2014, the release of official notification has been delayed. Candidates looking forward to get the details of official notification will have to be a little patient and bear with the inconvenience.
To get the notification: Click Here (Navodila)
To apply online: Click here (Navodila)
For more detailed information log on to www.upsc.gov.in
For more info:
pls send a mail to email@example.com