Your child (sometimes you!) may have passed SSLC exam.
And ya.. now after the second allotment process to get a +1 seat in Kerala you (ur child) might have scored a seat somewhere in Kerala, and sometimes in Science stream..
IGNOU collaborating with UNESCO respecting you and your achievement. It conducts a competition to get an Olympiad.!! Are you (ur child) ready to put your own candidatute for the award. Dont worry atleast 1000 student will be awarded a certificate and 40 toppers will get the Olympiad.
Now read the news and try to apply today onwards..
If you have any quarry pls comment in the comment box or just send a mail to email@example.com
I wish all the very best wishes!!
Remember the Last Date for Online Registration is 31st July 2011.
Pls read this:
Note: you (your child should score 60% marks in science subjects in SSLC)The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi, India in collaboration with the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), South Asia Office in New Delhi is organizing the Science Olympiad 2011 for the South Asian Countries. The purpose of the Science Olympiad is to search for and motivate the science talent in all SAARC countries.
This will be conducted on a two-tier level, initially on the basis of an objective test with huge participation, followed by limited participation by the toppers of the first test. Hereafter, this Olympiad will be called as IGNOU-UNESCO SCIENCE OLYMPIAD 2011.You have a golden opportunity to take part in a science contest to prove your capability in science and give yourself a value addition by certification by internationally renowned institutions. We are sure that your participation will give you rich dividends and will also help mapping the science potential of all SAARC countries. We welcome you to participate !!
If you are interested in participating in the IGNOU-UNESCO SCIENCE OLYMPIAD 2011, please read the eligibility criteria and other instructions given here. If you are eligible, you can register online, now. If you are not familiar with On-line Registration get the help of someone with familiarity.The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi, India in collaboration with the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), South Asia Office in New Delhi is organizing the Science Olympiad 2011 for the South Asian Countries. The purpose of the Science Olympiad is to search the science talent in all SAARC countries.
The Test for Science Olympiad will be conducted on 2-Tier basis.
1. First Tier test:
· The First Tier test shall be taken by all participants in the respective centres chosen by them.
· This First Tier test is an objective test for 3 hrs with equal weight for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in terms of test time and marks.
· It is made up of multiple choice questions with varying degree of simplicity/ hardness.
· The test will focus on the general but deep understanding of subject materials and comprehension.
· The test items will be thought provoking.
· There will be negative marking for wrong choices.
· Answers are to be marked on OMR sheets for ready reckoning of marks.
2. Second Tier Test:
· From among the participants the top (about 40 meritorious students from all SAARC countries) will take the second Tier test by being invited to
· It will test the participant’s higher level of understanding and problem solving capability.
· Each question may take 5-10 minutes again with equal weight for M,P,C,B.
· Also there will be a question on broader understanding of science and society, which is restricted to 10-15 minutes.
· The total duration for this test will be 3 hrs
· This test will be held in IGNOU,
3. The test material i.e. syllabus is given in detail as part of this website
4. Medium of Test : The medium of objective and written test will be English.
2. For online registration
3. About the committi
4. Winners 2010
5. About the test
6. Site calender
8. To know the result